Thursday 20 June 2013

Sound Reflection

My sound in my 3D animation was a challenge to complete. I recorded different sound effects from different sources and edited them together to create a convincing ambiance. The music was free source from the internet. If I were given more time and had musical experience I could have created an original piece but sadly I lack the experience and software knowledge.

From what I have produced, the quality is at a satisfactory standard with convincing effects and music to match. Looking back, I didn't really manage my time well in the process of creating the soundtrack as I spent to much time on the model itself rather than music and sound.

Over this part of production, I have learned the basics of cubase, reason and audacity and how to electronically create music. Cubase was hard to grasp but once I practiced a little I was able to put together a few sound effects. Audacity was the easiest to understand but I did not use this as much as cubase.

Overall I think this unit went relatively well. The general feel of the final product matched my planning and the soundtrack blended in well with the animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment